Monday, February 4, 2008
It would be easy to despair, had we not the
assurance that our Evangeline is being held securely by the hands of Him who loves her even more than we do. We know that the Lord is close t
o the brokenhearted!!
Another blood transfusion was requir
ed last night. The most recent chest x-ray this morning shows that the fluid in her lungs is not dissipating. Evie continues on an antibiotic to combat pneumonia. Coughing spells have been hard to control. The coughing causes her to gag on the tube and throw up, which she cant get rid of when she has the tube down her throat, so aspiration is a huge concern! Also, there is a problem with her incision not healing properly and splitting open in places. (…possibly due to the coughing
…hopefully not because there is infection!)
Today they may begin trials again to see if she is ready to come off the respirator and breathe on her own. It is critical to get her off the breathing tube and get her breathing on her own as soon as possible, but the concern remains that her lungs may be collapsing and need enough of a break to be strong enough to function without help. Pray for Evie’s lungs!
Every indication is that her new heart is in great condition for which we praise the Lord!!
She is almost on full feedings of mommy’s milk through her NG tube. The hope is that good nutrition will help her be strong enough to come off of the ventilator!
Please pray for these next 24 hours…
-that she’ll be able to come off of the ventilator
-that her lungs will do their job effectively
-that we’ll be able to hold her soon! she’s spent half her lifetime in a hospital bed and we miss our girl!!!
Join us in our prayer for Evie:
- When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
- the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
- I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit.
- And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love.
- And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.
- May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it.
Thank you friends for
loving and lifting us.
…Holding on for dear life!